Children and Adolescents
It is an intermediate stage of physical and psychological development that generally occurs during the period from puberty to legal adulthood (age of majority). Puberty is commonly related with the teenage years, but its physical, psychological or cultural expressions may begin before and end later. For example, puberty now typically begins during preadolescence, mainly in females. Physical growth (particularly in males), and cognitive growth can extend into the early twenties. Thus age bids only a rough sign of adolescence, and scholars have created it hard to agree upon a precise importance of adolescence.
• Epidemiology of adolescent
• Preventing substance abuse among children and adolescents
• Adolescent risk and protective factors psychosocial
• Neurobiology of addiction from a developmental perspective
• Adolescent cigarette smoking
• Adolescents attitudes toward alcohol and other drugs